• Approximately 406 million people speak Spanish as a native language, making it second only to Mandarin in terms of its number of native speakers worldwide.
• It also has 60 million speakers as a second language, and 20 million students as a foreign language.
• It is the official language of more than 22 countries, with more than 35 million Spanish speakers just is USA.
• Spanish is one of the six official languages of the United Nations, and is used as an official language by the European Union, UNESCO, GATT, ONUDI and Mercosur.
• The demand of learning Spanish has more than doubled in the last 10 years.
• Use of the Spanish language is spreading steadily throughout the world. According to the Cervantes Institute, the state-funded global network of arts and language centers, native Spanish speakers now outnumber English speakers by 410 million to 375 million.