Our Election Manifesto
This is just a brief summary of the election manifesto on which the present governing board was elected in 2011.
- We will do our utmost to attain the public and social recognition of the teaching profession
- We will endeavour to ensure that education is considered as a priority, a fundamental right and a matter of public interest, and that it is recognised as such by Catalan, Spanish and European laws.
- As we are the professional association of teachers according to the Professional Associations Act and the Education Act itself, it is incumbent on us to develop, update and implement the code of ethics of the teaching profession, which we have already done.
- We will foster the quality of our initial and in-service teacher training courses, since these courses have always been our main activity.
- We aim to consolidate our institutional role. This means that we wish to participate actively in all debates concerning the major issues affecting our country in all fields, either cultural or political.
- We propose to promote the image of our organisation by all means in our power to make it more prominent in our community.
- We want to increase our participation in cultural and/or civic activities carried out within or outside our organisation
To see the full content of the manifesto, please go to the Catalan version or to the Spanish one.